11 December 2014

Pinky Promise

After fleeting visits, and by fleeting I mean literally hours spent in Newcastle, I finally got to spend a whole weekend exploring!

If anyone has ever done the East Coast journey from London to Edinburgh you'll know that it goes through Newcastle and over the Tyne with the best views of the river and all of Newcastle's amazing bridges. I have done this journey more times than I dare to count and every single time I eagerly gaze out at the stunning view drinking it in and hoping one day I'll get to explore.

When I actually got to step off the train in Newcastle, ready to explore, I felt like I was meeting a celebrity! Spending the weekend with Aidan walking through streets, over bridges and looking at buildings I had admired for so many years was so exciting!

Our first morning in Newcastle was spent on the coffee hunt, I am a huge Cafe lover and Aidan loves coffee so we headed to Pink Lane Coffee for our first cup. Tucked away down a little lane just metres from Central station it is the perfect spot for coffee lovers and commuters sick of chain coffee shops alike.




The Coffee Shop has a really industrial feel to it with loads of lights hanging from the ceiling and plenty of well loved pieces of furniture. There is even a seating area outside made from wooden pallets!


I loved that the coffee theme ran through the whole cafe, coffee bean sacks featured on cushions, the coffee map on the wall and even seats were covered in the coffee bean sacks for a really cosy feel.


There was a huge selection of cakes and other sweet treats on offer, Aidan chose a piece of Salted Caramel Cake but I abstained - very uncharacteristically, I know -having had a huge bacon and egg roll only an hour before!



We settled at a cosy looking table at the back of the shop, admired the ingenious flower decoration (fake sunflowers in a jar filled with coffee beans) and eagerly awaited our coffees and cake. We had both chosen coffees off of their expresso menu which meant we could order our coffees however we wanted! Luxury.

I chose a lighter sounding bean as a Latte and Aidan chose the stronger bean as an Americano.


The coffees looked so beautiful when they arrived and Aidan's was so dark and glossy looking!

Although they didn't have any cream, Aidan's favourite, they did serve the coffee with the creamiest milk I have ever seen! And I hear it is all locally sourced too, which earns Pink Lane a few brownie points.



Now, I'm not too sure what to say about this cake because I didn't actually get to taste it.

The reason?

Aidan hoovered it up before I even got the chance! I'm going to assume, unless he informs me otherwise, that it was a delicious cake!

I definitely didn't hear any complaints...


Now, I do have something to admit, of late I haven't been the biggest coffee fan.

I'm not sure why, but I just haven't been enjoying the taste. However, I felt obliged to try one seeing as we were in such a coffee loving place and I didn't regret it!

The Latte was absolutely beautiful, so tasty and I didn't even put my usual sugar in it!

I polished off the coffee and I would've gone for another but we had to move on to our next adventure...




If you're ever in Newcastle or even have a long connection in Newcastle I would definitely recommend making a pit-stop at this Coffee Shop!

The guys really know their stuff when it comes to coffee and its definitely the best cup of coffee I have had in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment