3 December 2014

Feeling Chilli

I'm just going to prefix this whole post with Suffolk food is the best. Bold statement and I'm sure it'll create a healthy debate. However, the following photos will give you a teeny tiny insight into the Suffolk ways...

After leaving The Crown with bellies the size of bowling balls Aidan and I felt it was only right to work off our dinner with... more food. What was meant to be Coffee, Magazines and a catch-up with mum turned into a full on brunch.

We had chosen to visit The Chilli Company, another Suffolk business that has come and gone with the times however, Mum assured me this was now the place to be seen. A deli downstairs and a cafe-cum-restaurant upstairs it has all the makings to become one of my favourite places.

We settled down in 'the best seat in the house' with some drinks, coffee and our favourite magazines.



I couldn't stop admiring the beautiful clock table, I definitely want a coffee table like this for my flat one day!


After a little while our greedy tummies were rumbling for food and we decided to order a sharing platter. A beautiful mix of everything the deli served; local cheeses, cured meats, pickled onions, stuffed peppers, gorgeous breads and chutneys, and more, presented on large wooden planks.






The platter, meant for two, served three of us well and we only just managed to finish it! But everyone knows that there is always space for pudding.... Carrot Cake for one please!


If you're ever in Suffolk or just passing through, The Chilli Company is right on the A140 and is definitely worth a stop-in. Even if it is just for some snacks from the deli for your journey!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Everything looks delicious :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this place looks lovely! I want to go to Suffolk just for that platter, delicious. Love the table too! (plus isn't rose lemonade the best thing ever?)

    Hazel Jane xx

    hazeljane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pay it a visit if you are in Suffolk! I have only just got into Rose Lemonade! I always assumed it would be too floral for me but I love it! Lucy xx

      Delete