9 December 2014

A Suffolk Birthday

So, I've been a bad blogger recently but (I think) with good reason. I have been busy every single weekend for, what feels like, eternity! My contract at work was extended (hurray!) and changed which means I am doing more of what I love doing and I also get to work on some amazing projects.

After a busy few weeks I decided to take a trip home to visit the family and brand new puppy! She is a little bit older now though but still just as cute...

Below is when I very first got to meet her - she was having a strop at this particular moment in time because I had started to walk her the wrong way down the street!


Being a puppy everything is very new and exciting particularly, in Isla's case, lights! She goes mad when you trace the laser pen around the floor. I teased her, with great hilarity, one morning until she got too over-excited and peed on the floor... safe to say I learned my lesson!

And, although she has grown up a bit...


She is still just as silly!


The weekend I was home it was my brother Hamish's 18th birthday so we went to our favourite local pub The Doberman for some lunch with Granny, Grandad and the rest of the clan...

A photo posted by Lucy Harvey (@lucylouharvey) on

We settled in next to the huge log fire, Grandad made a speech which thoroughly embarrassed Hamish, presented him with his birthday present and then it was time for food!


Unfortunately I didn't get many photos of the food but it is all delicious, home-cooked pub food. A few of us had the crunchy veg and garlic mayo to start....


And I, being a creature of habit, had the squid rings for my main. Again, with lashing of garlic mayo!


I did manage to squeeze in a delicious bit of brownie with extra cream (naturally) and then it was time to say our farewells and roll back to the house for an early night. I was awake early the next morning to walk the dog, say goodbye to the beautiful Suffolk views and head back on the train to Scotland.




2 comments:

  1. Seems like a fun time! It's lovely to go to the countryside and pub lunches are the best lunches - agreed!!
    Hope you have another fun weekend (if only it comes soon enough!)! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pub lunches are the best - especially at this time of year! Its Friday today and I definitely have the Friday feeling! Enjoy your weekend. xx

      Delete