4 August 2014

Eaten At | Hard Rock Cafe

One thing you have all realised about me is I love food, not only do I love food I can eat a LOT. I amaze myself sometimes at the amount I can find room for and, I had never been beaten. 

Until now.

Hard Rock Cafe has done it. 

Having a girly shopping day in Glasgow Lauren and I popped into Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. 

Whilst perusing the menu we decided to do the decent thing and treated ourselves to some cocktails. Being completely indecisive we decided to go for three mini margaritas with tortilla chips and salsa. 

There was a huuuge choice of flavours but I plumped for Mango, Pomegranate and Blue Curacao (can't resist a blue drink). I am so please I did - when they arrivied I was like a kid in a sweetshop - I didn't know which one to try first!


The Blue Curacao was definitely my favourite, they were all full of alcohol and incredibly tasty. Perfectly balanced with the salted glass rims and tortilla chips.


Because we just can't get enough of tortilla chips we decided to order the Nachopalooza with beef brisket for our starter. 

Word of warning: this is not a stater. It is a plate, no, tray of nachos big enough to feed a family of four a decent lunch. 

I absolutely loved them. Nachos with three bean mix, Monterey Jack, Jalepenos, Green Onion... the list goes on. You know how some places skrimp on the toppings with nachos? Hard Rock definitely doesn't....


See what I mean? The toppings were absolutely devine too. I'm a sucker for beef brisket (Bread Meats Bread knows this well.) and have never had it on nachos before. I'll definitely be having it again! We made it through about half of the plate before giving in...


Our Hickory-smoked barbecue combos soon arrived, I went for the ribs and pulled pork and, purely because of the size of the chain, I wasn't expecting much in terms of flavour. I was so wrong! The BBQ sauce was tangy and moreish, the meat was moist, tender and full of flavour.

For me however the star of the show was... the coleslaw! I have no idea what HRC do to it but it was the freshest and creamiest coleslaw I have ever eaten. I'll definitely be back for more! One question if any HRC-ers are reading this - what do you put in it? I need your secret recipe!



By the end of our mains we were completely beaten, even the little space I ususally save for pudding had been used for meat. We savoured the rest of our cocktails and then rolled out onto the rainy streets of Glasgow for some much needed shopping.

If there is a lesson learned from this meal it is that Hard Rock Cafe are never stingy. I was completely beaten by their bbq-ey meaty goodness and enjoyed every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment