7 August 2014

Been To | Glasgow Gin Club

Gin and I have a love hate relationship. I love it, I just hate what it does to me. When Lauren invited me to meet her in Glasgow for a drink I was excited, when I found out exactly what the drink entailed I was more than excited.


We were off to the Glasgow Gin Club, a collection of gin lovers that meet in various locations and are always trying new gin.

This week is was No.3 in a hairdressers! A great place to have a gathering for a snap happy blogger...




The evening started off with a No. 3 and fever-tree tonic (my favourite!) and Amanda from No. 3 giving us an amazing talk through the history of the brand and how they make gin.

We then got handed a glass with straight No. 3 in - something which I was dreading - I just can't do spirits straight!

I got an incredibly pleasant surprise. Yes, it was strong. But it was delicious and I loved being able to really taste the gin.

After this Amanda shared with us the spices they put into No. 3 to make it so special and it was great to see the ingredients in a raw form, smelling each one and being able to place it in the gin we had to taste.


Following the talk we were presented with some amazing cocktails all made with my new favourite - No. 3! First off we had a Negroni - this smelled like christmas in a cup. It was incredibly strong and full of spices. I enjoyed it but a few sips in and I had had enough for the evening!




If the Negroni had been christmas in a cup the next cocktail was heaven in a cup. We were served No.3 with tonic, lime, lemongrass and coriander.


So fresh.


It was like cut-grass made tasty and I was desperate for a huge plate of mexican food to nibble alongside it.

After being treated to gin after gin Lauren and I were two very happy ladies and toddled off back to the station to head to our beds.

If you're in the Glasgow Area and a gin lover like us then all the information you need for the Glasgow Gin Club is right here.


2 comments:

  1. sounds fun - i couldnt live farther away but still!! http://thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/friday-night-in-london.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, shame! Maybe if you're up for a visit you could pop in :) Lucy xx

      Delete