2 March 2014

Recipe | Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes

This recipe sprung into my head during an incredibly lazy day.

You know those days when you don't want to get out of bed for fear of being faced with empty cupboards and no food?

Today was that day, I love banana pancakes and knew they would satisfy my incredibly rumbly tummy,  and I had the ingredients (bonus!). But what with? 


Then I spied a jar of peanut butter in my cupboard, perfect!


This makes enough for two and is a 'chuck everything in a bowl and hope for the best' kinda recipe so its dead easy and it comes out a treat!

All you'll need for the pancakes are:
1 cup of self-raising flour
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup of milk
2 mashed bananas



For the peanut butter sauce:
2 spoons of peanut butter
1 spoon of golden syrup
4-5 spoons of milk (until you get a good saucey consistency)

Pop all your peanut sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir until combined and warmed through.

Stick all of the pancake ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined. Fry in a frying pan on a medium heat.


Dollop the sauce on top and serve with icing sugar, maple syrup and extra banana!




Tuck in!

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing!!! I'm so trying your recipe. xx

    www.misslinnyo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete