16 February 2014

DIY | Sweet 'n Spicy Scrub

I don't know about you but the bitterly cold and windy weather we've had recently has taken its toll on my lips!

They're constantly dried and chapped and, although my Vaseline is working overtime on them, there is nothing that seems to really keep them right!


Until I happened upon this little DIY! I love a beauty trick that cuts costs so this is right up my street!

This is an easy peasy (and most importantly, tasty) creation that will smooth out those poor lips and make them pucker-up perfect, just in time for all that spring smooching!


You'll need:
Brown or White Sugar
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
Chopped Herbs and Fruits of your choice
Flavour extracts and Spices of your choice.

Instructions:
Choose your container and measure out the sugar so it is about half-full.

Measure out your coconut oil, you're aiming for a 1:1 ratio.

Place the oil and sugar in a mixing bowl and add your herbs, spices and fruits. I've chosen my favourite flavours Cinnamon and Maple Syrup! ( I found a dash of Maple Syrup and a tsp of Cinnamon did the trick!)



Gently combine - be careful not to overmix as this will make the sugar dissolve!
 

Place the scrub into an airtight container and store in a fridge for up to 2 weeks. When you need to use it remove from the fridge for 5 minutes so it softens and is easier to apply!

I've used it once already and my lips have never been so soft!

Let me know how you get on, what flavours did you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment